IPhone hotspot constantly disconnects

Steps to reproduce are: turn off Wi-Fi, turn off Personal Hotspot. Turn on Personal Hotspot, select the choice with Wi-Fi that pops up. Then Connect something like a laptop or an Amazon Alexa device. Use the laptop or Alexa to confirm that it has a successful internet connection. Eventually during use, like perusing Wikipedia, YouTube, or even Apple’s site, the laptop or other device will

lose its internet connection. One way to get it back is to go to the Network Hotspot page and check the switch to allow others to join is turned on. Keep that screen up while you recover your laptop or other device connections. This has been going on for over a year for me. I’m getting pretty sick of it. 🤢. Some Apple resources need to be dedicated to fixing the issue in IOS.

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 11:38 PM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2024 9:19 AM in response to GoodDude202

GoodDude202 wrote:

Steps to reproduce are: turn off Wi-Fi, turn off Personal Hotspot. Turn on Personal Hotspot, select the choice with Wi-Fi that pops up. Then Connect something like a laptop or an Amazon Alexa device. Use the laptop or Alexa to confirm that it has a successful internet connection. Eventually during use, like perusing Wikipedia, YouTube, or even Apple’s site, the laptop or other device will
lose its internet connection. One way to get it back is to go to the Network Hotspot page and check the switch to allow others to join is turned on. Keep that screen up while you recover your laptop or other device connections. This has been going on for over a year for me. I’m getting pretty sick of it. 🤢. Some Apple resources need to be dedicated to fixing the issue in IOS.

Personal hotspot is something you pay your phone carrier monthly to use, not Apple, perhaps your phone carrier resources needs to be dedicated to fixing the issue.

IPhone hotspot constantly disconnects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.