How to Group rows in a Pivot table like in Excel

So I Created a pivot table and I have many rows depending on my categories, I would like to group together some rows that are in the same idea, same field...

For example, as you can see in the image below, to group "Abonnements & téléphonie" with "Auto & Moto" or "Autres dépenses", whatever ...

In a pivot table, it could be to group carrots, potatoes and cucumbers together as vegetables and Apple, Strawberries, banana as Fruits :)

I hope I am clear enough :-)

thank you for your help

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 4:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 5:26 AM

Continuing with your food item example, add a column to your data table for the classification of vegetable or fruit. My table and pivot table below do not have any actual data, just the three "Rows" fields.

You can option-click on one of the triangles to collapse all of them in that column

3 replies

Apr 30, 2024 11:06 AM in response to SamaBParis

It seems better to me to have the category in the data table vs being an ephemeral group in a pivot table. I notice in Excel that if I accidentally uncheck the field for the category (vegetable, fruit,..), all the groupings I made go away. Poof they are gone and they don't come back. If I do that in Numbers, I can simply click the field again and it all comes back (because it is all in the data table).

How to Group rows in a Pivot table like in Excel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.