Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Network Proxy settings do not save with WiFi profile

Hello Apple community can you please help?

When I set my Proxy settings for a specific wifi profile they do not save for that profile. Example: if I change to a new hotspot like a coffee shop the settings are still set. If I change back all proxy settings are gone. How can I set proxy settings to for a single wifi profile and not others?

iMac 24″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 10:47 AM

5 replies

Apr 30, 2024 3:23 PM in response to MrHoffman

I have WPAD and PAC files enable and they work, this was a setting issue. I want to know how to save this proxy setting to the wifi profile. Yes WPAD makes it automagical however at times it works better set to the proxy without using WPAD. I would like to just save it to the profile so that I can switch over and back as needed. Is that even possible? It looks like it could do that however it doesn't save to the wifi profile you are on.

Network Proxy settings do not save with WiFi profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.