Playback start location

Hi all - is there a way in FCPX to set the cursor on the timeline to "reset" to where you place it rather than stop and remain where playback stops?

I find it super annoying that the cursor start position doesn't reset to where i placed it, especially when I want to review the same section a few times after making adjustments.

(In protools and maybe other DAWs, this is called "insertion follows playback" or similar. )

Thanks!

Geoff

Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 11:04 AM

I've not thought of using it. I occasionally use looped playback, especially when listening to a section of audio.

You should use feedback to make a feature request. It couldn't be that hard to implement.

5 replies

May 1, 2024 1:15 AM in response to geofffromdowney

I find it super annoying that the cursor start position doesn't reset to where i placed it,

I think there will be no problem if you specify a range of clips and play them in a loop as Tom says. In fact, many people do this. All can be played using the keyboard. I think there are few people who find it troublesome.

• Determine the starting point with the I key and the ending point with the O key.
  • Specify loop with ⌘L
  • Play only a range with / key
  • You can move to the start and end points using the up and down arrows.

Playback start location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.