Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Why am I buying a renting when I already pay a subscription to Apple TV?

So why am I paying to buy or rent movies when I already am paying for the subscription?

This is outrageous. The reason I subscribed to Apple TV was because they had movies and such that I wanted to enjoy.

Now the ones I want to watch and enjoy I am supposed to pay them money on top of the subscription fee.

I think before you lay your money down they should let you know that a huge majority of the movies you might want to watch come with the price tag.

Conniving, deceptive and sneaky crooked as far as I’m concerned.

iPhone SE

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 9:53 PM

Nothing is conniving, deceptive and sneaky crooked. What is, is that you do not understand what you have signed up for, what you are entitled to and what you are responsible for. I suspect you may also have a misunderstanding of what steaming TV is and may even think it should come at no cost to you.

You pay a subscription cost for Apple TV + content, not everything that comes in the Apple TV app. The additional content in the Apple TV app (Netflix, Hulu, and the hundreds of other streaming services) are available to you, however they are not free. Your Apple TV + subscription includes the Apple TV + content only.

If you still feel like you are being misguided and connived then simply cancel your subscription to Apple TV +. If you don't know how to do that, please the link below for instructions:

How to cancel Apple TV+ - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2024 9:53 PM in response to charisse241

Nothing is conniving, deceptive and sneaky crooked. What is, is that you do not understand what you have signed up for, what you are entitled to and what you are responsible for. I suspect you may also have a misunderstanding of what steaming TV is and may even think it should come at no cost to you.

You pay a subscription cost for Apple TV + content, not everything that comes in the Apple TV app. The additional content in the Apple TV app (Netflix, Hulu, and the hundreds of other streaming services) are available to you, however they are not free. Your Apple TV + subscription includes the Apple TV + content only.

If you still feel like you are being misguided and connived then simply cancel your subscription to Apple TV +. If you don't know how to do that, please the link below for instructions:

How to cancel Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Apr 30, 2024 9:02 PM in response to charisse241

Apple TV is an app or is a hardware set-top box that works with many media services.

Apple TV+ is a streaming media service offering original content from Apple.

When subscribed, Apple TV+ content has no added charges*.

When using the Apple TV app or set-top box, you can stream Apple TV+ content when subscribed, and can rent, buy, or stream content from many other providers.

A subscription to Apple TV+ gets you Apple content, but does not get you paid content from other streaming services.

*there were a few odd cases in some countries or regions IIRC, but in the US and in most other places, the subscription is all inclusive.

Why am I buying a renting when I already pay a subscription to Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.