Cracked a tiny piece of the touch bar glass

Broken Touch-bar

I recently dropped my 2019 MacBook Pro and the touch-bar has a tiny piece of glass cracked off the outer edge, directly beneath the escape button. While both the escape and power buttons on the touch bar still function and the entire touch bar still lights up the volume brightness,Siri & mute buttons are not functioning. I can still see the word suggestions as well but they too are not able to be touch functioned. Additionally, function options still change when the escape button is hit. Is there anything I might do to get the touch bar working properly again? Unfortunately, being elderly, disabled & on an extremely fixed income here in NYC which makes paying Apple the $599 that Google says it costs to repair the touch bar in-store is not an option.

Please, any assistance you might offer me would be so greatly appreciated.

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 9:00 PM

1 reply

May 1, 2024 10:21 AM in response to The_Old_Crank

The_Old_Crank wrote:

Broken Touch-bar
I recently dropped my 2019 MacBook Pro and the touch-bar has a tiny piece of glass cracked off the outer edge, directly beneath the escape button. While both the escape and power buttons on the touch bar still function and the entire touch bar still lights up the volume brightness,Siri & mute buttons are not functioning. I can still see the word suggestions as well but they too are not able to be touch functioned. Additionally, function options still change when the escape button is hit. Is there anything I might do to get the touch bar working properly again? Unfortunately, being elderly, disabled & on an extremely fixed income here in NYC which makes paying Apple the $599 that Google says it costs to repair the touch bar in-store is not an option.
Please, any assistance you might offer me would be so greatly appreciated.

if you have the AppleCare+ it covers a large portion accidental damage...the Extended Warranty renews annually.

*Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Get your mac repaired and how much will it cost

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

You can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Contact the corporate office Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

[Edited by Moderator]

Cracked a tiny piece of the touch bar glass

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.