Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How to Fix Apple Music Crashing Issue on iMac

This is my second attempt to get help figuring this out and I hope someone knowledgeable happens to see my post. Apple Music crashes every time I open it and start playing songs. Doesn't matter if the songs are mine or from Apple Music, after about 5 - 10 minutes it crashes. The internet has dozens of fixes and I have tried them all, including several I found on this forum. Reinstalling the OS from a backup that predates the issue solved it; but only for a couple weeks and now the crashes are back. The next step is basically wiping the computer totally and starting over which is a huge pain in the ***. So I am hoping someone helps me out first. I am using a late 2013 27" iMac with extra memory I installed myself a a newish SSD that a friend put in for me. The computer works fine and all my apps work fine except Apple Music. But Music is built in so can't be deleted and reinstalled. There are no software updates avail. to me to install. I will attach the beginning and the end of the error report in the hope it contains info to explain why it keeps crashing. Also some information about the computer. I know that many have experienced this headache and I am guessing that some have them have solved it. So it just comes down to whether or not one of the solvers comes across this post. Thanks

[Edited by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 9:59 PM

1 reply

May 3, 2024 1:20 PM in response to chris armstrong 1956

Maybe this is tougher to solve than I had hoped. A boatload of folks have read my question but no replies, as yet. Except for an email from Apple that informs me a moderator has slightly changed the post. Apparently I had included some personal information and it was removed for me. Which turns out to be the visible serial number in a couple of the screenshots. So, now I’m protected but remain confused. I’ll give it another couple of days before giving up. Come on people, help out a fellow born way too long ago to have even a fraction of the computer knowledge later generations seem to be somehow born with. This is an iMac issue but I have a handful of great nephews and nieces who were better with an iPad at about age three than I am now; and I have a decade plus of experience…..

How to Fix Apple Music Crashing Issue on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.