Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Impossible to sync iphone 11 with windows 11 on PC

I have tried every suggestion I can find to put my music onto my phone and nothing works. Specifically, I have had the phone for a while (obviously since it is an iphone 11). I have Windows 11 on my PC, and iTunes was already installed. I plugged my phone in and iTunes happily recognized my phone.

iTunes showed the library of my music on the PC. But before I could sync to my phone, it suggested that I should update my iOS from 17.4 to 17.4.1. OK, I told it to update. But before it would update, it told me I had purchased music on my phone that had not be transferred to iTunes. This is where the frustration began. I tried the following (and probably more that I've forgotten since I've been at this for more than 9 hours):

• Tried transferring music from phone to iTunes. It wouldn't do it.
  • Went online but Apple store said I didn't have ANY music purchased (!).
  • Eventually resolved that, but there were different numbers of songs showing as purchased online, on my phone, and on my PC.
  • I finally decided the **** with it and did the update anyway. Might lose songs but who knows.
  • The update wouldn't install and suddenly my iPhone won't connect, won't turn on, and just tells me I have to restore it.
  • To restore it, Apple told me to install Apple Mobile Device app. The update finally installed.
  • Now my phone functioned again, but when I connected it to my PC the Mobile Device app couldn't see it.
  • I went to iTunes to see if I could connect and it said all my music would now be handled by Apple Music so I had to install that app.
  • I got the Apple Music app installed but it wouldn't recognize my iPhone either. At this point, iTunes didn't have my music anymore - it only had podcasts.
  • I researched and found that iTunes and Apple Music and Apple Mobile Devices are basically incompatible for music so I uninstalled Apple Music and Apple Mobile apps from my PC.
  • Still having problems - my PC can see my iPhone just fine but iTunes refuses to ever since I updated the iOS.
  • Found another article that said I would need to install a legacy version of iTunes for it to work: iTunes 64-bit. By this point I'm getting punchy so I uninstalled the current iTunes and installed the legacy version.
  • Then it wouldn't start because the library file (.itl) was too new . I rename the .itl file and finally legacy iTunes starts.
  • And even more exciting, it even recognizes my iPhone! So I go to start the sync.
  • BUT IT WON'T SYNC!!! It speeds through all the steps of a sync with nothing syncing. No error messages, nothing. Especially no music on my iPhone.

This is why I use Spotify. It doesn't help with the several hundred CDs I spent hours and hours ripping, but at least I can listen to music when I'm away from my PC.

Honestly, I'd be delighted to get this fixed, but at this point I am so beyond aggravated I'm not sure I could make myself try again. And I am also sorely tempted to switch to Android.

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on May 1, 2024 1:49 AM

1 reply

Impossible to sync iphone 11 with windows 11 on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.