Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Pay TV Provider app

Is the Pay TV Provider app legit? I had what I suspect to be a scam call claiming to be from eBay that the app is malware, and my iPhone is compromised, but that it could be removed remotely by providing personal details. Has anyone else encountered a similar request?

Posted on May 1, 2024 1:54 AM

3 replies

May 1, 2024 4:55 PM in response to Transit_314

Transit_314 wrote:

Thanks. Yes, that was my thought. But I hadn’t actually come across that particular app before. So I wondering whether they is any possibility that it might contain malware.

If you don't want that app on your phone, you can delete it yourself.

Remove apps from iPhone - Apple Support

But a cold call, out of the blue, telling you that your iPhone is compromised and that the people calling you want to "help" you (if only you provide personal details) is a scam.

Federal Trade Commission – How To Spot, Avoid, and Report Tech Support Scams

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Pay TV Provider app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.