safari not loading images

the last few months my safari hasn't been loading any images apart from when you google something and click "images", but if i try to expand them the image doesnt load. eg. it doesnt load youtube thumbnails - it also doesnt load a lot of the ui on other websites. i've tried clearing my cache 2 different ways multiple times, i looked through my develop menu but couldn't seem to find an option for disabling images, and ive tried reloading it maaaany times. it does this on every website and makes it borderline unusable. my mac is fully updated and i have good wifi, my safari had worked perfectly up until a few months ago, does anyone know what this might be or how to fix it? thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 1, 2024 2:53 AM

1 reply

May 1, 2024 3:07 AM in response to wrocky

wrocky wrote:

the last few months my safari hasn't been loading any images apart from when you google something and click "images", but if i try to expand them the image doesnt load. eg. it doesnt load youtube thumbnails - it also doesnt load a lot of the ui on other websites. i've tried clearing my cache 2 different ways multiple times, i looked through my develop menu but couldn't seem to find an option for disabling images, and ive tried reloading it maaaany times. it does this on every website and makes it borderline unusable. my mac is fully updated and i have good wifi, my safari had worked perfectly up until a few months ago, does anyone know what this might be or how to fix it? thanks

Tested using Sonoma 14.4.1 with Safari Version 17.4.1 (19618.1.15.11.14) on 3 Computers

Only using a single Ad Blocker " Ad and Stuff Blocker " Safari extension

No VPNs connection and no Third Party Security Software

All works as expected on any website without any of the above issues

Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

Does the issue present in this mode ?

safari not loading images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.