Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

White Sides of Image Missing in Apple Motion

I am creating a book flipping animation in Apple Motion for a book that I have made, yet when I import my PDF, the white background to each page is missing, and has been replaced with a black (transparent?) background. Motion does still recognise the correct dimensions of the PDF.

For example, here is a screenshot of a page of the PDF, with a white background/outline, and then the border, image, etc.

And here it is in Apple Motion, with that white outline/border disappearing to black (transparent?), yet Motion still recognising its true edge:

Normally I can work these things out by myself, hence being a first time poster, but I've gone through the transparencies, masks, etc., and still cannot work out what to do. I'm sure it's an easy fix! Please help. :)

Posted on May 1, 2024 3:01 AM

3 replies

May 1, 2024 3:50 AM in response to DwayneQuest

It seems that the white area is in fact transparent. Preview will show transparent parts of a pdf as white. In Motion, they will be transparent.

Do you want that white part? You could add a white color in Preview, and save.

Or perhaps you should crop that transparent area off.

If you are in doubt, try a simple test. Print a text page to pdf and see how it looks in Preview and in Motion. The pdf in fact only has the text and no background, which Preview displays as white.

White Sides of Image Missing in Apple Motion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.