I bought an iPhone 11 less than 2 month ago. Why is my maximum capacity 81% already?

I bought an iPhone 11 on Amazon for just over £200. It came looking untouched everything looking great. It worked great for the first month but the second it started lagging badly and then I went to check my battery health because I saw the memes of how bad it is once it gets less than 80%. I was shocked to see my maximum capacity is suddenly 81% from the 100% it was when i first got it. Not even my iPhone 8 is this bad!! My iPhone 8 that I’ve used for about 2 years and was second hand is still in its 90%‘s so wtf is happening? I feel scammed. The lag is making it hard for me to be able to call anyone, type big amounts of text that I need for school and not only that my iPhone camera is stuck on this overly edited type of style (very soft looking, sharpened, edits my face, doesn’t make anything look realistic at all) I cannot take a picture of my cat even without it looking absolutely awful!!

iPhone 11

Posted on May 1, 2024 5:21 AM

2 replies

May 1, 2024 5:33 AM in response to raesgonecrazy

Probably because you bought an old device that’s either used or has been sitting on a shelf long enough for the battery to chemically age. The iPhone 11 was completely discontinued in September of 2022.

Return it for a refund if you can. If not, get the battery replaced by Apple, assuming the device wasn’t tampered with by the original owner or whoever may have ‘refurbished’ it for resale.

I bought an iPhone 11 less than 2 month ago. Why is my maximum capacity 81% already?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.