Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Can I move an app that is no longer offered in App Store from my iPhone to iPad?

A mobile recipe app that I use on my iPhone and iPad appears to have been discontinued in the Apple Store. It works fine and I understand at some point it may stop functioning due to some future IOS update, but I'm OK with that. As I hadn't used it recently on the iPad, it got sent into purgatory and when I tried to restore it, I got the message about the Apple Store. I still have it active on my phone. Is there anyway to copy over the app file from the phone to the iPad so that I can continue using it for its remaining life? Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on May 1, 2024 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2024 7:06 AM

It is not possible to directly copy an app file from one iOS device to another. However, you may be able to redownload the discontinued app on your iPad by going to the Purchased tab in the App Store and checking if it is still available in your purchase history.

3 replies

Can I move an app that is no longer offered in App Store from my iPhone to iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.