Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

I am unable to install apps on my Apple Watch

When I press i stall on my available watch apps, the little circle just goes round n round, never transfering

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on May 1, 2024 7:23 AM

2 replies

May 1, 2024 7:41 AM in response to BatCatDog

I see that you are currently using iOS 15 which is an older iOS version and that you are using an iPhone 7. When I was using my older iPhone to connect to an Apple Watch and transfer data it was remarkably slow like in your situation. Maybe if you don't download all of the available apps all at once and opt out of the transfer and then download the apps you want one at a time you may be able to eventually get all of the apps you want and use your Apple Watch again.

It may be beneficial and convenient to upgrade to a newer phone that can run the latest iOS software which I think could help in this situation.

I hope this information helps, however I am providing this information from the perspective of another consumer and not an expert so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Good luck!

I am unable to install apps on my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.