Mouse moving between unlinked Macbooks

Hi! I have a work-issued Macbook laptop and a personal Macbook laptop. The systems are not linked, but every now and again I notice the cursor from one laptop show up/get stuck on the screen of the other one when both are in use at the same time. This is true whether I'm using the trackpad on either machine, or the Bluetooth mice I have for them, which are also different, for what it's worth. I have a cheap mouse that I've paired to the work computer, and a nicer gaming mouse for use with my personal machine. Neither mouse has ever been paired to anything but the machine it's meant for, and this is still happening. I do have my Apple ID set up on my work computer but with very limited access; it's largely just there so I can use the Find My feature on the laptop, which my workplace prefers. If the answer is that this is just going to keep happening unless the Apple ID is entirely removed from the work machine, then I'll just disconnect the account entirely, but I wanted to see if there's any other reason this might be happening first. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.5

Posted on May 1, 2024 7:39 AM

1 reply

May 4, 2024 10:56 AM in response to treescapade

treescapade wrote:

Hi! I have a work-issued Macbook laptop and a personal Macbook laptop. The systems are not linked, but every now and again I notice the cursor from one laptop show up/get stuck on the screen of the other one when both are in use at the same time. This is true whether I'm using the trackpad on either machine, or the Bluetooth mice I have for them, which are also different, for what it's worth. I have a cheap mouse that I've paired to the work computer, and a nicer gaming mouse for use with my personal machine. Neither mouse has ever been paired to anything but the machine it's meant for, and this is still happening. I do have my Apple ID set up on my work computer but with very limited access; it's largely just there so I can use the Find My feature on the laptop, which my workplace prefers. If the answer is that this is just going to keep happening unless the Apple ID is entirely removed from the work machine, then I'll just disconnect the account entirely, but I wanted to see if there's any other reason this might be happening first. Thanks!

Turn off Airplay...(?)

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your ...

Turn off Sidecar...(?)

Use an iPad as a second display for a Mac

no insight or resolve—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Mouse moving between unlinked Macbooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.