Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Why can my stolen airpods not be bricked using Find My app

In Find My I have reported my stolen AirPods as missing or stolen. I can go so far as to watch them move about Mexico. Why on earth does Find My not allow me to brick the AirPods?! What is the point of marking them “missing” other than preventing someone else from registering them? They can still be paired to a phone and enjoyed by the thief! Apple you are failing me and my 300.00 ear phone investment. Let me brick my stolen AirPods. They are registered to me. Why can’t I?

Posted on May 1, 2024 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2024 8:01 AM

Tonka_Blue2 wrote:

In Find My I have reported my stolen AirPods as missing or stolen. I can go so far as to watch them move about Mexico. Why on earth does Find My not allow me to brick the AirPods?! What is the point of marking them “missing” other than preventing someone else from registering them? They can still be paired to a phone and enjoyed by the thief! Apple you are failing me and my 300.00 ear phone investment. Let me brick my stolen AirPods. They are registered to me. Why can’t I?

AirPods are not designed to be disabled. They have no locking feature, no password. Could Apple make them that way? Possibly but I'm not an engineer.

You can let Apple know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2024 8:01 AM in response to Tonka_Blue2

Tonka_Blue2 wrote:

AirPods are not designed to be disabled. They have no locking feature, no password. Could Apple make them that way? Possibly but I'm not an engineer.

You can let Apple know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Why can my stolen airpods not be bricked using Find My app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.