Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

i am planning to buy mac mini from UAE

hello community, i am planning to but Mac mini M2 from UEAso i would like to ask is there any difference between US version and UAE version like can i get FaceTime in it, if i will buy it from UAE store..?

appreciate your assistance here. Thanks

Mac mini (M2, 2023)

Posted on May 1, 2024 8:01 AM

5 replies

May 1, 2024 9:17 AM in response to remaz19

remaz19 wrote:

yes i know you are super right, but my main confusion is facetime app will be available in middle east version or not ? because i am planning to just buy it from UAE, it will be settled in pakistan on the table, so if bring to to pakistan then will facetime work or facetime app doesn't exist in middle east version ??

Yes, it should work in Pakistan.

The Facetime app is preinstalled and cannot be removed, it just cannot be used when in Dubai, but should be functional once you are in Pakistan.

May 1, 2024 8:44 AM in response to remaz19

Oups correction: Facetime is NOT available in UAE - not because of Apple, but indeed some action from carriers made it illegal in the country.

————-

Assuming Facetime works in UAE, i can’t see why you would not be able to use it.

I purchased an iphone and a macbook pro in Mexico, it worked there with my Mexican phone number, and when i returned to Canada, it switched to my Cad phone number.

Nevertheless, Facetime is also working independantly from a phone number.

Unless some telecom rules prevent it from working in the market, it should work anywhere.

May 1, 2024 8:59 AM in response to lanstrad1

yes i know you are super right, but my main confusion is facetime app will be available in middle east version or not ? because i am planning to just buy it from UAE, it will be settled in pakistan on the table, so if bring to to pakistan then will facetime work or facetime app doesn't exist in middle east version ??

i am planning to buy mac mini from UAE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.