Stopping apple script on restart

My script repeats a bash file every thirty minutes, but I also have my iMac scheduled to restart everyday.

The restart isn't able to kill the script so it's stuck.

How can I alter the script to allow it to be killed for restart? I tried adding the suggested on quit but Control-Q doesn't even work.

#!/bin/bash

repeat

do shell script "bash /Users/robby/.homebridge/hbrestart.sh"

delay 1800

end repeat

on quit

continue quit

end quit

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 1, 2024 8:13 AM

5 replies

May 1, 2024 9:03 AM in response to h00pak

h00pak wrote:

If you'll help me with an example of what the plist should look like, I'll compare that against what I'd already tried with launchd and wasn't working. I just need it to use StartInterval.

That's how I got to the script in the first place. I know, I know, you didn't think to ask that, but there you go.

I use Lingon:

Docs:

More examples:

There are other exampkes around but, as stated, I use Lingon.

ASC is munging and munching links again today, so please excuse the above work-around.

May 1, 2024 8:50 AM in response to MrHoffman

If you'll help me with an example of what the plist should look like, I'll compare that against what I'd already tried with launchd and wasn't working. I just need it to use StartInterval.

That's how I got to the script in the first place. I know, I know, you didn't think to ask that, but there you go.

Thanks.

Stopping apple script on restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.