Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Messages not syncing to iCloud

I have an iPhone 14 pro max. Messages will not sync and back up to iCloud. I talked to technical support and they noted it is a problem a lot of people are having. I have the latest update and it is still not working. When will this be resolved?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 1, 2024 9:04 AM

2 replies

May 1, 2024 9:49 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for the advice. I have done that multiple times. Turn off messages in iCloud, turn phone off and turn back on, then turn on message in icloud again and it still gets locked up and says syncing paused. I have logged out of my appleid, logged back in, reset network connections. I did all of the tricks I found on the internet and then called apple support. They walked me through all of the same things I did and it still doesn't work. The tech said this is a problem they are having, noted it in my account and said that hopefully it gets resolved in the next iOS update. I have successfully backed up my calendar, photos to iCloud, but imessages will not back up.

May 1, 2024 9:18 AM in response to 16nothappywithiphone

Turn on Messages in iCloud to sync your iMessages across all your Apple devices. This lets you access your message history, including photos and videos, from any iPhone, iPad, or Mac signed in with the same Apple ID. However, you can choose to store your entire message history permanently in iCloud by selecting "Keep Forever" in the Messages in iCloud settings.

Messages not syncing to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.