Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Is there a way of blocking a domain from a Safari browser search?

Hi there,

I want to permanently block sites from appearing in a list when I do a search in Safari, whether it's using Google, DuckDuckGo etc. I'm wondering if there's an extension that would filter the search results and get rid of, for example, Quora and Reddit which, IMO, provide puerile responses.

I know I can do this in the search field with the -site command included, but I am looking for a way to permanently and automatically doing this. Or perhaps there is a browser other than Safari that offers this functionality.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 1, 2024 9:36 AM

4 replies

May 1, 2024 9:53 PM in response to Maz K

Maz K wrote:

I know I can do this in the search field with the -site command included, but I am looking for a way to permanently and automatically doing this. Or perhaps there is a browser other than Safari that offers this functionality.

You can't do this natively, but there are extensions for Safari that would accomplish this.

May 2, 2024 3:46 AM in response to Maz K

Response : Maz K … Safari Search 🔦

Hi Maz ,

I too would like to block by domain ~ makes sense because each domain has several IP addresses . I haven't figured it out yet but the link below is about filtering .

🐤 The duck is a search engine and/ or browser . You could also check the App Store .

https://duckduckgo.com/duckduckgo-help-pages/results/

Is there a way of blocking a domain from a Safari browser search?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.