Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: About Stolen Device Protection for iPhone

Why I have to wait for one hour to forget my password

I have to wait for hour to log lot my Apple ID

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 1, 2024 9:55 AM

4 replies

May 1, 2024 9:58 AM in response to sujata281

Hello~ This is from the article you came from…

*Security Delay

With Stolen Device Protection, you may also be required to wait an hour before using your iPhone to make changes to critical security settings or your Apple ID. If your iPhone is not in a familiar location, you must authenticate with Face ID or Touch ID, wait for the security delay to end, then authenticate with Face ID or Touch ID again to update settings such as the following: 

• Change your Apple ID password
  • Sign out of your Apple ID
  • Update Apple ID account security settings (such as adding or removing a trusted device, Recovery Key, or Recovery Contact)
  • Add or remove Face ID or Touch ID
  • Change your iPhone passcode
  • Reset All Settings
  • Turn off Find My 
  • Turn off Stolen Device Protection

If you use your iPhone to change your Apple ID password, the location of your devices may not be visible at iCloud.com for a period of time. 

Your device may end the security delay early after it detects that you’ve arrived at a familiar location.

~Katana-San~

Why I have to wait for one hour to forget my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.