Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Deauthorizing Old Computers from iTunes

I'm not seeing a way to deauthorize old computers for iTunes. I can only find

Account

Authorizations

Deauthorize This Computer

No option to deauthorize other computers. I have some old PCs that I no longer use and want to deauthorize. Went I authorized my new Mac it indicated that I have 5 of 5 computer authorizations assigned.

I don't want to be unable to authorize other computers when needed. All the online help I can find show example processes that I can't execute. I don't see a Deauthorize All Computers options. I don't see a deauthorize option on my Account Settings screen.

Seems the advice online is not current with the up to date version of iTunes. I do not have an Apple Music subscription nor do I want one. I continue to purchase my music via the iTunes Store. I bring that up in case it is somehow relevant to my problem.

MacBook Air (M3, 2024)

Posted on May 1, 2024 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2024 11:31 AM

I found this hope it helps How to deauthorize all old dead computers… - Apple Community

1 reply

Deauthorizing Old Computers from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.