Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple TV "Where to Watch" Misinformation

Hi, I bought "The Office" from Apple, and it is in my TV library on Apple TV. However, in my "Up Next" queue, if I click on "The Office" it says "Open In" and the only available app provided is Peacock (which I don't subscribe to). So, I have to go back into the Library, scroll through all episodes of "The Office" again to find the next episode. How can I 1) Prevent Apple TV from suggesting I open in Peacock and/or 2) remove Peacock from the list of suggested TV apps?

Posted on May 1, 2024 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2024 1:20 PM

Try removing the show from Up Next

Click-and-hold the episode tile in the Up Next row, until the contextual menu pops up, then choose the ‘Remove from Up Next’ option there.

then start playback from your Library, to have it added again with the most up-to-date content provider link, forgetting a previous Peacock link.

If you ever see the Details page for the show or episode with the Open In option, then scroll down to How to Watch, where you can select from all available content providers, then select the [tv Purchased] option.

Let us know how that works for you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2024 1:20 PM in response to Stuart Hancock

Try removing the show from Up Next

Click-and-hold the episode tile in the Up Next row, until the contextual menu pops up, then choose the ‘Remove from Up Next’ option there.

then start playback from your Library, to have it added again with the most up-to-date content provider link, forgetting a previous Peacock link.

If you ever see the Details page for the show or episode with the Open In option, then scroll down to How to Watch, where you can select from all available content providers, then select the [tv Purchased] option.

Let us know how that works for you.

Apple TV "Where to Watch" Misinformation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.