2018 Mac book experiencing usb c dropouts

So I’m a Dj to a pro level, not working with it so I feel the anxiety if used for a job. I updated from Mojave to Sonoma, straight of the bat I got error7 message which was removed by Serato via download link in an email. After this the clicks and pops continued. Today I tried some recent recordings through a Dj controller and the pops amd clicks were still there, veery ocasional like after 1 min, enough to disturb me mixing. After I decided to try a single track and I got a pop. I disconnected and tried exact same track with laptop speakers,, guess what no pop no crackle. Hey presto maybe. So if correct the cheap usb c adapter and again the cheap Printer midi cable I bought are causing the drop outs and wave freezes on Serato. Am I wrong I just can’t figure out & I’ve seen a top qual midi cable from Dj tech tools for £27.99. Could this be the solution I hope so. Otherwise I hear things about lower RAM usage etc which following said instructions on Google didn’t really do much to completely solve this problem.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 1, 2024 12:01 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2024 10:42 AM in response to Dj003gkl

Dj003gkl wrote:

So I’m a Dj to a pro level, not working with it so I feel the anxiety if used for a job.

I updated from Mojave to Sonoma, straight of the bat I got error7 message which was removed by Serato via download link in an email. After this the clicks and pops continued.

Today I tried some recent recordings through a Dj controller and the pops amd clicks were still there, veery ocasional like after 1 min, enough to disturb me mixing. After I decided to try a single track and I got a pop. I disconnected and tried exact same track with laptop speakers,, guess what no pop no crackle. Hey presto maybe.

So if correct the cheap usb c adapter and again the cheap Printer midi cable I bought are causing the drop outs and wave freezes on Serato.

Am I wrong I just can’t figure out & I’ve seen a top qual midi cable from Dj tech tools for £27.99.
Could this be the solution I hope so.

Try it and see, report back your findings...

2018 models ship with Intel's eighth-generation Core i5 or Core i7 processors, which both support up to 16 PCI Express lanes, providing enough bandwidth for maximum data transfer speeds up to 40Gb/s on all four Thunderbolt 3 ports.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.