Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I can’t download apps without getting charged

Every time I download /redownload an app it charges me and asks for billing information and it has taken money out of my account before without permission

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on May 1, 2024 12:37 PM

2 replies

May 1, 2024 1:02 PM in response to Alejandro6942

Alejandro6942 wrote:

Every time I download /redownload an app it charges me and asks for billing information and it has taken money out of my account before without permission

You're never charge to download free apps, perhaps you have an active subscription or you an in app purchase.

You're always emails a receipt from Apple.

What did your receipt say you were charged for?

May 1, 2024 1:25 PM in response to Alejandro6942

Alejandro6942 wrote:

When you add a new payment instrument, you may see what appears to be a charge for $1 (or local equivalent) on your card. Except it's not really a charge. It's a validation hold. In a day or two, the hold will be released and you won't be out any money.

I can’t download apps without getting charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.