Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple Photos alternative

Apple's Photos app has many limitations and quirks that I really haven't figured out. Probably works great for the developer.

Now, as a user who would like to be able to tell the app how I'd like my photos sorted, Photos only has a couple of ways. By date is fine. But the idea of personal and shared libraries is not intuitive. It sounds like it is, but doesn't work that way. Anyway, When I create an album in either personal or shared library, If I select several photos from library and want to have them show up in the newly created album, that album name doesn't show up in the list of possible choices. And copying/moving is not a drag and drop way either.

So, I'd like to have something like Mylio or NeoFinder to be able to sort and display my photos. I have over 30K since I've been taking photos since 2005 (actually since digital cameras came out). So, I have a lot of photos. I don't particularly like having to store them in iCloud, but Apple is Apple.

Both Mylio and NeoFinder let you try for free. I don't mine paying for an app once, but will NEVER opt for a subscription like Mylio ($100 bucks s year). NeoFinder'e iOS version is currently useless.

The list of alternatives is extensive and I would like to find the most likely candidate without all the investigation required. I just need something like Photos but with more sorting and organization options.

iMac 24″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 1, 2024 12:39 PM

There are no replies.

Apple Photos alternative

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.