Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iCloud or phone media storage

How come when I delete media on my phone that is stored in iCloud I don’t get more space on my phone? I pay for 1TB and I’m using 600GB on iCloud, when I delete 30GB I still barely get 1 GB of space on my phone

Posted on May 1, 2024 1:23 PM

1 reply

May 1, 2024 10:03 PM in response to Fishyswim3

Fishyswim3 wrote:

How come when I delete media on my phone that is stored in iCloud I don’t get more space on my phone? I pay for 1TB and I’m using 600GB on iCloud, when I delete 30GB I still barely get 1 GB of space on my phone

Because iCloud isn't an 'extension' of your phone's internal storage, it's a program to sync, back up, and share files. While there are certain space-saving features of iCloud (such as storing high-res photos in the cloud while keeping lower res thumbnails on the actual device), you can't use iCloud as you would internal device storage.

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

iCloud or phone media storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.