Shared Library in Apple Music for Windows

The environment: On my network I have an iMac running Monterey 12.7.4 and Windows PC running Win 11 Pro 23H2. My Mac has Mac OS Music 1.2.5.7 and the PC has Apple Music 1.4.6.85. Both versions are the latest available, or so I assume since there doesn't seem to be any update available for either (that I can find).

Both computers are connected via Ethernet to a single gigabit switch. They can share files with one another via SMB, and in both directions. I can VNC into the Mac from the PC and RDP into the PC from the Mac. So, connectivity is not an issue.

I point all of the above out in order to sweep away all of the anticipated "did you update it?" and "there's wireless interference" canned (and unhelpful) "answers" I'm sure to get. I also point it all out, in advance of even stating what the problem is, in order that all of this is understood before anyone even sees anything to respond to.

Now then ... the problem is, I don't seem to be able to get Music on my PC to locate my Mac's shared music library. And no, do not spit at me the canned (and unhelpful) "answer" telling me how to share my music library on the Mac. I already know how to do it and have already made it shared. So none of that, please, either.

I'm simply looking to find out if 1) it's even possible (this Apple Music app for Windows seems limited in capability and looks like something the folks at Playskool churned out); and 2) if it is, how I go about invoking it.

Serious answers only please. Answers that will either lead to a true solution, or let me know there isn't one because sharing libraries over a network is something Music for Windows can't do.

Thank you.

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on May 1, 2024 4:03 PM

There are no replies.

Shared Library in Apple Music for Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.