Iphone 12 battery health drain

Hi! I got my iphone 12 on january this year with the battery life at 100%, and now after 3 months of use it’s at 86%. I have a 20W charger and charge it only at nighttime and usually don’t let it drain below 20%. Other than that the battery usually lasts me through the day without needing to charge it. Should i be concerned? Did i get a defective battery? Should i think about replacing a battery soon or just buy a new one? Please help!

Posted on May 1, 2024 8:57 PM

1 reply

May 1, 2024 9:04 PM in response to Clarissabm

The iPhone 12 was discontinued on Oct 2022 so the phone is at least a year and a half old, and possibly older. 86% is pretty average for a phone of that age.

You shouldn't be concerned, you have a good 6 months or so before you should replace the battery.

Batteries degrade over time with usage due to chemical aging, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone. This is an approximation, that is why it may be plus or minus a few percent on a month to month basis.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Service - Apple Support

About Lithium Ion Batteries

iPhone battery and performance - Apple Support (IN)

Iphone 12 battery health drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.