Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

homepod wont tell me the time bit directs me to web results on my phone

Every time I ask any of my HomePods “what time is it” they have stopped giving me the time and directing me to view web results on my iPhone. Alternatively they mention it is the first line of a play. This started in the last 48 hours.

HomePod mini, 16

Posted on May 2, 2024 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2024 4:20 AM

It seems to be some kind of bug, a temporary work around is to ask the time in one minute, mine is answering that fine! Hope this helps

12 replies

May 2, 2024 3:58 AM in response to PaddedRoom Productions

Same problem with the time here but the same behaviour also occurs if you ask HomePod 'What is the date today?" Curiously, if you ask "What day is it?" you occasionally get a correct response but otherwise, you get the 'found some web results' response.

Other web dependent queries such as 'what is my personal update?' are working as normal so it is not a general connectivity problem.

homepod wont tell me the time bit directs me to web results on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.