You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Detecting and removing Pegasus spyware on an iPhone SE

Can anyone advise how one can detect whether Pegasus spyware has been installed on an iPhone SE (iOS 17.4.1) and how to deal with it if it has?

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on May 2, 2024 7:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2024 11:48 PM

hey, I haven't been opening my emails lately but, decided to open them yesterday 5/27/24.

While I was looking at my junk email I saw an email titled "i have hacked you" and it was sent on saturday 5/25/24 using my email. they also claimed that it was a pegasus?

the email said the exact same thing you described 10 days ago. i was wondering what happened after? was it real? is it a scam? 48 hours for me would be tommorow, so I would appreciate it if you could respond. im just really paranoid and have been trying to keep calm and figure things out.

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 27, 2024 11:48 PM in response to Vaflyboy21

hey, I haven't been opening my emails lately but, decided to open them yesterday 5/27/24.

While I was looking at my junk email I saw an email titled "i have hacked you" and it was sent on saturday 5/25/24 using my email. they also claimed that it was a pegasus?

the email said the exact same thing you described 10 days ago. i was wondering what happened after? was it real? is it a scam? 48 hours for me would be tommorow, so I would appreciate it if you could respond. im just really paranoid and have been trying to keep calm and figure things out.

Detecting and removing Pegasus spyware on an iPhone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.