Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

How to stop my iPhone from getting Compromised

Hi Everybody

im pretty sure that my iPhone 5s i hacked, i already did all the code chanching and antivirus searchers.

How can i stop this?

or check if it is hacked?

greetings

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone SE

Posted on May 2, 2024 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2024 9:43 AM

It's EXTREMELY difficult to hack an iPhone, unless the phone has been jailbroken. If you haven't jailbroken the phone, you likely haven't been hacked. Perhaps tell us what makes you think your phone has been hacked?

Also note you have a VERY old (older than 10 years) iPhone, which cannot run anywhere close to the newest iOS versions, with the latest security features available today.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2024 9:43 AM in response to Mikveli

It's EXTREMELY difficult to hack an iPhone, unless the phone has been jailbroken. If you haven't jailbroken the phone, you likely haven't been hacked. Perhaps tell us what makes you think your phone has been hacked?

Also note you have a VERY old (older than 10 years) iPhone, which cannot run anywhere close to the newest iOS versions, with the latest security features available today.

May 2, 2024 10:09 AM in response to Mikveli

If you have to ask how to jailbreak an iPhone, you haven't done so and that's a VERY good thing.

Having a feeling is not something we can offer much help with. As I already mentioned, you have an extremely old, no longer supported iPhone. Bob Timmons said it best. If security is a concern for you, it's high time you retire your totally outdated phone and buy a new one.

May 2, 2024 10:01 AM in response to Mikveli

Mikveli wrote:

I feel followed, and its not only some weird paranoia, its Been going on for a while.
how Can one jailbreake an iPhone?

iPhone exploits are hard. Not impossible, but hard. Based on available information, they also tend to be targeted at investigative journalists, politicians, political dissidents, senior in business or government, and those with access to sensitive or classified data, or to great wealth. Not used widely.

There are easier ways to be followed.

A compromised Apple ID, or a compromised passcode with physical access, for instance.

Or a cellular GPS tracker.

For your iPhone SE, read this: Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

If your SE is 2nd or 3rd gen and can get to iOS 16, run Safety Check.

If you have a iPhone 5S and not an SE from the footer, that 5S is very very old, and far before any tools will work with that. And there are known issues with that and other similarly old configurations. If security is a concern, a newer model capable of iOS 17 is greatly preferable.

More generally, nothing I can offer here will ameliorate your concerns, too.

May 3, 2024 8:09 AM in response to Mikveli

Mikveli wrote:

Someone constantly know Where i am..

That’s pretty much all of modern life; both online, and in what passes for reality.

The three major US carriers recently received a fine from the US Federal Communications Commission for selling customer location data, for instance. Avast anti-malware was recently fined for selling all sorts of personally-identified data on its subscribers, too. GPS cellular trackers are readily available. There are many other examples.

There are some proposed regulations recently being circulated in the US, while there are somewhat better protections with GDPR in Europe. Contact your reps.

As for your Apple gear, see my reply above.

May 3, 2024 8:35 AM in response to Mikveli

Mikveli wrote:

Someone constantly know Where i am..

Lots of people constantly know where you are. But that doesn't mean your phone has been compromised. It means that, as MrHoffman noted, your carrier is collecting and sharing information. Also, if you have a Google account or a Facebook account, they probably know where you are. Not to mention, the number of cameras that we all are captured by daily. Some belong to government organizations, some to private individuals or organizations.

If all of this is of concern to you, at least be concerned about the real threats, not the ones that are mostly internet scaremongering.

How to stop my iPhone from getting Compromised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.