Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

apple watch band stretched out causing watch to stop working

Braided loop band stretched out. Apple would not replaced. Customer care couldn’t even bother to answer handwritten letter. Unbelievable

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 10

Posted on May 2, 2024 10:15 AM

5 replies

May 2, 2024 10:52 AM in response to Pist10

Did you give Apple Support a call about that issue?

You can also use this link as a start:

Contact Apple Support

When did you buy the wrist band? Is it still covered by the warranty?

Did you use the watch in the water?

Apple mentions in this article about wearing the Apple Watch, that the length can increase:

If you have a Solo Loop or Braided Solo Loop, the band size should be comfortable, but snug against your wrist. Simply pull from the bottom of the band to stretch it over your wrist when you put it on and take it off. Solo Loop may increase in length over time.

copied from: Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support

May 2, 2024 3:54 PM in response to Ingo2711

Band was about 5-6 months young. Went to store told me they couldn’t do anything to call customer support which I did. Case was reviewed and denied. Was given no explanation why. Was told only other thing to do was write a letter to customer care(no email) which I did. Waited 3 months for a reply which never came. Called customer support today and was told they don’t respond to letters written unless different outcome. I feel they could have at least had the courtesy to reply.

Watch was never worn in water

May 3, 2024 3:21 AM in response to Ingo2711

Thank you for your comment. I have submitted feedback already asking them to pull this product off the market so no one else has to go through this issue with no resolution or response from the care team. It is obvious that the band is faulty after reading many comments found on forums such as these. The inability to not use your watch should be enough for Apple to replace the band. Unfortunately, they do not see it that way.

Have a great day.

apple watch band stretched out causing watch to stop working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.