Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Forgetting security question answer

I have forget my Apple ID security question answer. But I know the mail address and password of Apple ID. I am using both Apple ID mail and backup mail. I know everything but I forget my Apple ID security question answer. At this moment please advise me what should I do now? Thank you

iPhone 11

Posted on May 2, 2024 10:01 AM

2 replies

May 3, 2024 6:04 AM in response to sydour

See this on how to update or change your security questions if you still have your Apple ID credentials and your rescue email address

1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
  2. In the Sign-In and Security section, select Account Security.
  3. Under Security questions, select Change security questions. 
  4. Choose your new security questions and their answers, then select Update.
  5. Enter your Apple ID password, then select Done.

See this link for further reference

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

May 4, 2024 4:40 AM in response to sydour

If you’ve forgotten your answers, I suspect that you might have to change-over to AppleID’s 2-Factor Authentication (2FA).

It’s easier (no answers to forget) AND FAR more secure.

If so, you will be well-served by thoroughly familiarizing yourself with these two articles:

Pay particular attention to setting-up multipleTrusted Numbers. (They’re important)

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Forgetting security question answer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.