Loss of mouse control remote login

I had two Mac Mini's and one MacBook Pro. Both Mac Mini's were running Catalina and the MacBook Pro running Sonoma. All three allowed for remote login from my MacBook Pro.

I connected to one Mac Mini via VNC ip_address:port, the other Mac Mini and MacBook Pro via the Apple ID assigned to each device.

I replaced one Catalina Mac Mini with a new Mac Mini running Sonoma. I upgraded the other Mac Mini to Sonoma. There was no change to the MacBook Pro.

This past week, when I remote log into the Mac Mini or MacBook Pro via Apple ID, the remote user allows for my connection, I see the display without issue but moving the mouse from my local desktop into the Remote Desktop window, the cursor turns off and I cannot locate its movement. The remote user sees me moving the cursor. If I get lucky in its location, clicking the unseen mouse will close or move what is on the remote users screen but its display on my side leaves remnants of the active window on the remote users screen but they do not see those remnants.

The connection to the other Mac Mini via the direct VNC connection works without issue so it appears something is happening via connection thru the Apple ID.

Does anyone have any clue what may be the issue(s)?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 2, 2024 10:06 AM

There are no replies.

Loss of mouse control remote login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.