Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Block emails in Mojave

Specific to Mojave 10.14.6:

Is there a way to create a mailbox or a folder in Mail (Version 12.4), so that any email address added to the created mail box or folder would cause the corresponding email to go directly to the trash or another something? I did this in Claris Emailer, but that was many years and brain cells ago.

iMac Pro (2017)

Posted on May 2, 2024 11:06 AM

2 replies

May 3, 2024 10:04 AM in response to lanphes

Sorry, but nothing I tried works. I fired up my Power Mac 7500 to see what I had done many years ago. Back then I made a group in the Contacts Book into which I put email addresses of those senders I wanted to “block.” When an email was received from any of those senders, the email was downloaded and then promptly deleted. As for the Mail program, there seems to be no easy way to get sender addresses into a group or keep them out of the main listing even if I get them into a group. I tried using the VIP designation to isolate addresses, but no luck. I need an easy way to delete emails from specific senders without all those useless filters that are far more trouble than they are worth. If I upgrade the system software, 19 years of record keeping become inaccessible. Any more ideas?

Block emails in Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.