Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Moving photos from an sd card to an external SSD, using am iMac

I want to transfer photos from multiple SD cards onto a portable SSD device using an iMac

iMac 21.5″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 2, 2024 1:18 PM

1 reply

May 2, 2024 1:30 PM in response to Silvergor

I have a MacAir, which doesn't have an SD card slot. So I use an SD card reader that plugs into a USB port on my Mac. And I plug my SSD into the the other USB port. Then I just grab the folder (labeled DCIM, for me) and drag that over to the SSD.

Sometimes, when I only want the newest pictures, I open the DCIM folder first and select the ones I want, and I drag those to a folder on the SSD.

My camera has 2 SD cards, so I put the pictures in separate containing folders to avoid trying to have two folders with the same name.

Is this what you needed?

Moving photos from an sd card to an external SSD, using am iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.