LOGIC Saw Tune Pad....Removed?

Hi All,

In Logic does anyone know where 'Saw Tune Pad' has gone to? I've used it for 15 years plus as the best (to my ear at any rate) smooth background pad. I've recently upgraded Logic and my iMac. It used to be under Legacy>Pads>Saw Tune.

Thanks

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on May 2, 2024 1:22 PM

6 replies

May 3, 2024 5:22 PM in response to Monopitch

You're correct. I have an older mac running Logic 10.5 and the Saw Tune Pad is buried deep within the Sampler instrument.

When I look at my newer computer running Logic 10.8.* that sound is not available. In fact, the Legacy Folder is completely missing from the newest version of Logic. I checked the My HD/Library/Application Support?Logic?EXS Factory Samples folder and it isn't on the newer computer. I did a file transfer from my older computer to the newer one of the Legacy Folder and installed in what should be the right location, but Logic doesn't know it is there.

I did manage to do this though. I opened the Saw Tune Folder and dragged all 25 aif files to my Sampler, doing the optimized mapping and Voila!, it worked. Pretty cool sound too. I then saved the patch so Sampler can use later. Bummer all the other Files in the Legacy folder won't automatically come up on Sampler. I'm not sure if there is a way to get Logic to rescan the ES2 sample folder.

So if you happen to know someone that has an older version of Logic, you can copy close to 800MB of missing sounds to your computer.

May 4, 2024 6:15 AM in response to morozco

This morning I was intent on figuring out how to get the newer version of Logic to not just know, but properly map the legacy sample sounds. It took me a couple of hours and 3 cups of strong coffee, and I found the key. There are also the EXS patches that were in a different location. Once I found the folder for the Legacy EXS sounds and copied them to the newer computer, Sampler now sees Legacy patches and they load and map just like the ole' iMac.

So do the following at your own risk. I have no idea if any weird things might happen by using older EXS files, but it has worked well so far.

Here is what to do. On the older computer, or a time machine backup, go to Computer>Library>Application Support>Logic>EXS Factory Samples and copy the "10 Legacy Instruments" to the same location on your new computer.

Then on the older/ time machine backup, go to Computer>Library>Application Support>Logic>Sampler Instruments and copy the "12 Legacy Instruments" folder to the newer computer at the same location.

Restart computer, Launch Logic and create a Sampler (Multi Sample) and use the menu to load all the missing juicy legacy samples.

LOGIC Saw Tune Pad....Removed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.