Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

My apple watch (series 6) comes on for a brief second but then goes off and won't come back on again

If I wait 5 minutes and then tap the screen and it comes on but again only for a brief second or two.

All the in app tools like heart rate monitor are working but I can't access the them on the watch only on my phone.

I've played with the always on button / wake on wrist etc buttons / wake duration buttons but I can't seem to fix it.

If I push the bezel a few times it starts talking to me about random stuff (I've tried the push 3 times fix, doesn't work) and will speak at odd times.

I've tried a lot of fixes - unpairing / running the battery down / hard reset / changing the face etc and none work

Recently when it does come on for a split second, there's a white box around the top right of the screen.

I'm exasperated! Can anyone give me some advice?

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on May 2, 2024 5:45 PM

2 replies

My apple watch (series 6) comes on for a brief second but then goes off and won't come back on again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.