Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Will resetting my Apple Watch fix the discrepancies in VO2Max measurements?

My Apple Watch gives me VO2Max value of around 28 which puts me at Bellow Average for my age (67). When I calculate my Vo2max with the Brockport method (by walk a mile…), or the METS Method ( from a stress test) I get values of 45 and 44 respectively. Per Garmin, this value is classified as Superior for my age group (or same performance as an Average 23 year old). These are huge discrepancies in comparison to the value from Apple Watch.

>>>. If I do a reset of my watch to correct this, as is suggested by Apple, will I lose any of my historic Health data??

thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 2, 2024 6:01 PM

There are no replies.

Will resetting my Apple Watch fix the discrepancies in VO2Max measurements?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.