iPhoto Shared Albums After Death

What happens to my iPhoto shared albums when I die? Do those I invited still have access or should they download for themselves?

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on May 2, 2024 7:15 PM

4 replies

May 2, 2024 11:51 PM in response to LiveArtiful

Any subscriber should download the photos they want to keep as soon as possible.

Shared albums are not meant to be used as a permanent storage. If there should be a problem with one of the shared photos aor the photos do no longer sync properly, we may need to turn off the Shared iCloud albums to reset them. Then only the photos that are still in iCloud will return to the shared album.

I hope you are well and your question is about an event in the far future. Your shares albums will remain in iCloud as long as one of your Apple devices is still signed into iCloud with your Apple ID. You may want to take the precaution to set up a legacy contact, so one of your heirs can access your cloud documents and data: How to add a Legacy Contact for your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

iPhoto Shared Albums After Death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.