Safari not syncing from iPhone to Mac

Hi, Safari History and Bookmarks are not syncing from iPhone (15) to Mac (Air M3). The opposite way (from Mac to iPhone) works. What also works is syncing iPhone Tabs to Mac. But not History and Bookmarks. I have tried previously suggested solutions of inactivating and activating Safari sync in both devices through Apple ID. It worked during the active session but when I shut down Mac and restarted it, it didn't work anymore. Curiously now it doesn't work at all. So Mac doesn't seem to have any access at all at what Safari in iPhone is syncing. Both devices are updated. Any suggestions?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 2, 2024 11:44 PM

3 replies

May 3, 2024 1:22 AM in response to Vasilis11

Vasilis11 wrote:

Hi, Safari History and Bookmarks are not syncing from iPhone (15) to Mac (Air M3). The opposite way (from Mac to iPhone) works. What also works is syncing iPhone Tabs to Mac. But not History and Bookmarks. I have tried previously suggested solutions of inactivating and activating Safari sync in both devices through Apple ID. It worked during the active session but when I shut down Mac and restarted it, it didn't work anymore. Curiously now it doesn't work at all. So Mac doesn't seem to have any access at all at what Safari in iPhone is syncing. Both devices are updated. Any suggestions?

I feel the frustrations one is experiencing

Some of the work you have already done is very very good work 👍

Have 2 different Desktop computer ( Apple Silicon ), 1 Laptop ( M3 ) and an iPhone

All the devices are running the latest and greatest versions of macOS and iOS.

There are times when the History and Bookmarks seem to get bogged down and do not sync across as fast as expected or should.

I can only suggest doing what you have been doing and 🤞 it works.

Should the issue become so bad >>

Then have a few suggestions ;

Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are PAID  Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

call 1 800 MyApple

Other location call Centres 

Contact Apple for support and service

Safari not syncing from iPhone to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.