how do i make battery saver turn on automatically at a certain percentage on mac? (launchagent or terminal code)

i want to be able to have the option for battery saver to turn on, for example when battery hits 20% instead of having to manually do it in settings. is there some sort of code i can paste that will run this (shortcuts doesnt have this on mac)

MacBook Air, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 3, 2024 12:19 AM

2 replies

May 3, 2024 9:27 AM in response to mubadu

You have posted in the iMac forum which doesn't use a battery to power the computer. I'll request the moderators to move your thread over to the MBAir forum since that is the computer listed in the signature.

As to your question, I am not aware of any such options or settings. If you want the laptop to charge beyond 80%, then you can click the battery icon on the menu bar and select "resume charging". Or you can turn off Optimized Charging in the Battery System Settings, but if you keep the laptop connected to the charger all the time, then you will need to remember to run the laptop on battery once in a while to exercise the battery to keep it healthy.

About Optimized Battery Charging - Apple Support

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

how do i make battery saver turn on automatically at a certain percentage on mac? (launchagent or terminal code)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.