iPhone 15 set up: apps stuck on Loading…/ Waiting

I did a full set up on my new iPhone 15 pro, photos, contacts, and WhatsApp are fine, yet not all the apps have been installed. Some are stuck on loading/ waiting… for more than a day.

I tried turning it on/ off, disconnecting the WiFi and connecting again, connecting to power, nothing worked.

If I go into “iPhone storage“ and click one of the apps that won’t download the page doesn’t load Overall storage is fine because there is still enough space.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on May 3, 2024 12:57 AM

2 replies

May 3, 2024 1:38 AM in response to norden241

That is normal...

When transitioning from one iPhone to another, it's essential to note that the actual applications don't seamlessly transfer between devices. Instead, what is transferred is the app data, accompanied by links redirecting to the respective apps on the App Store.

Important Points to Remember:

1. App Data, Not Entire Apps: While Quick Start transfers app data, it doesn't transfer the entire app itself. After the transfer, your new iPhone will automatically download the compatible versions of those apps from the App Store.
  2. App Compatibility: If an app is no longer available in the App Store or isn't compatible with the new iPhone's iOS version, the transferred app data won't be usable.
  3. Content Not Transferred: Quick Start doesn't transfer certain types of content, including:
    1. iTunes and App Store purchases (like music or ebooks)
    2. PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
    3. Content synced from iTunes (like imported music or videos)
    4. Data already stored in iCloud (like photos, messages, or contacts)
    5. Data synced to email accounts (contacts, reminders, notes, calendars)
    6. Specific settings like Face ID/Touch ID, Apple Pay information, Apple Mail data, and Apple Music data.

By understanding these details, you can make informed decisions about transferring your data to your new iPhone using Quick Start.

iPhone 15 set up: apps stuck on Loading…/ Waiting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.