Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

The disappearing window and other, annoying 'improvements'

The latest version of Macos 14.4.1 has yet another annoying 'improvement' that clicking on the active window moves/reduces it to to the side (god know what you call this!). How do I disable this really infuriating 'improvement'? I've searched through the so-called help to no avail.

Associated with this the failure for Show and Hide to work in lots of applications as well as the other 'improvement' Apple have made to moving files around on the Desktop. It used to be that I'd click and hold the mouse (with an option to hold the Option key to copy it) but now I'm forced to hold either the Option of Command key. It's yet another useless 'improvement'.

What used to be an intuitive interface is now one awful dog and I've been using Macs since 1985.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 3, 2024 3:04 AM

8 replies

May 3, 2024 8:53 AM in response to wbowles

OK...so if it's not Stage Manager causing this, I'm wondering if perhaps it's Stacks doing it.

Use desktop stacks on Mac - Apple Support

Can you make sure Stacks is turned off?

As far as making your feelings known, I'd suggest you send your feedback to Apple on this. Product Feedback - Apple

(And just FYI...I don't use most of the new features in Sonoma, either).

The disappearing window and other, annoying 'improvements'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.