Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iMac 2011 High Sierra 13.6.1 - can't load my Adobe CS6 software!

My iMac Os High Sierra 13.6.1 has died after many years of service. I have copied my Adobe CS6 software (Photoshop, InDesign etc) to an external drive (also to CD) to load onto my wife's iMac (egis one, 2011, also 13.6.1) but the programmes (although loading) won't open. I get an Adobe Error code 1.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Posted on May 3, 2024 3:10 AM

5 replies

May 3, 2024 5:28 AM in response to JenatApple1911

High Sierra's last update was 10.13.6. MacOS 13 is Ventura.

The old Adobe software likely requires being installed on the startup drive where it can find all of its originally installed libraries and configuration files. Copying the applications to an external drive likely breaks this need. The CS6 software cannot possibly run on macOS Ventura.

May 3, 2024 6:09 AM in response to JenatApple1911

Yes, my mistake, High Sierra is 10.13.6. Thanks for your response - sounds logical. The only thing that gave up on my 2009 iMac was the sound and it looked like I might need a new mother board - it had done extremely well and I had a lot of decent software on it - all legal from the time that I was lecturing in Design for Interactive Media. I have now bought an M3 iMac! Very fast and nice to look at but I'm not prepared to pay for new versions of the Creative Suite software. I do have a clean copy of High Sierra 10.13.6 Installation somewhere - I wonder whether re-installing on our other 2011 iMac running 10.13.6 would work but I'm beginning to think that it might be best to buy versions of Photoshop and InDesign which I still use (?) and not bother with Premier, Director etc.etc.which I have hardly used since retirement ! Anyway, thanks for your help - it's a testament to the quality of Apples hardware that I am conversing on a 2011 iMac!

May 3, 2024 6:13 AM in response to VikingOSX

Yes, my mistake, High Sierra is 10.13.6. Thanks for your response - sounds logical. The only thing that gave up on my 2009 iMac was the sound and it looked like I might need a new mother board - it had done extremely well and I had a lot of decent software on it - all legal from the time that I was lecturing in Design for Interactive Media. I have now bought an M3 iMac! Very fast and nice to look at but I'm not prepared to pay for new versions of the Creative Suite software. I do have a clean copy of High Sierra 10.13.6 Installation somewhere - I wonder whether re-installing on our other 2011 iMac running 10.13.6 would work but I'm beginning to think that it might be best to buy versions of Photoshop and InDesign which I still use (?) and not bother with Premier, Director etc.etc.which I have hardly used since retirement ! Anyway, thanks for your help - it's a testament to the quality of Apples hardware that I am conversing on a 2011 iMac!

May 3, 2024 8:34 AM in response to JenatApple1911

To avoid a subscription to Adobe, and have some powerful design tool alternatives. Take a look at Affinity Designer, Photo, and Publisher. They are small-priced tools with competitive features. They have free trials from the website (from the buy links) and have been in the Mac App Store for years. Can open and export PSD files and many other formats.

iMac 2011 High Sierra 13.6.1 - can't load my Adobe CS6 software!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.