Multicam clip is flicking to black and in the same time my export keeps failing.

So I have 2 problems that I believe are connected somehow. I'm trying to export this project for like the 10-th time. Always failing at some point. The files I recieve as exported are broken and in 2-3 occasions the exported video is running smooth until the 2th hour and 40mins mark. Which is the same moment I encounter my second problem. My multicam clips are flicking to black in few different moments. I uploaded screenshot of what I see at this moments (marked them with chapter). The audio doesn't stop. It's interesting that in preview I can see the video, but in my multicam window this moments are black. Inside the multicam clip the videos are still flicking to black at the same moments. Little info down bellow:

- tried exporting in different formats, coppying the project in a new one, restarting FCPX, restarting my computer, but the problem stays the same.

- macOS Ventura 13.5.2

- FCPX version 10.6.9

*I'm kinda scared to upgrade both before finishing my project.

- I am not using proxies

- I have more than 700gb of free memory. It was more than enough in previous similar projects.

MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023)

Posted on May 3, 2024 3:35 AM

6 replies

May 3, 2024 5:03 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

After 2,3 hours of exporting, I get the message in the top right corner. And instead of saying "exporting ... was successful" it says "exporting ... has failed". That's all. And then the file is either couple of megabytes big or the movie is exported in 80% for example. I'm currently tying to export the file with these moments edited out of the movie. I'll keep you updated.

P.S. the original files are running perfectly smooth outside of FCPX. If nothing else works, tomorrow I'am thinking to make a new multicam clip, edit it all again and see if that helps.

May 3, 2024 9:55 AM in response to viktorionitov

If you're under deadline, you could try replacing the two multicam segments that are broken with the original camera clips. Just put the shots in a secondary storyline above the broken sections and disable the multicam segments. You may need to replace the audio also. Since it looks like a long timeline, export just this section as a test to make sure it works.

May 10, 2024 8:38 AM in response to viktorionitov

So I FIXED the problem. Thanks to the countless suggestions from other editors. I isolated the problem and traced it to a few clips from my R6mk2. Still not sure what made the files from this body problematic... Then transcode it to optimized media. After that the flicking to black disappeared and the whole project was exporting without problems.

Multicam clip is flicking to black and in the same time my export keeps failing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.