Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Denied refund after appeal despite clear evidence

After some internet issues and attempting to make an in app purchase, which failed the first two times before it finally worked the third time and I received the in-pp purchase, I later noticed I was charged for both attempts and the success.

after contacting the app and basically being told they never even received the first two purchase requests, so it’s 100% on apple for charging me, I was directed to contact apple support.

here I did the online reportaproblem, and was denied. So I appealed it, the problem being, there’s no option to provide my proof. I even have screenshots of the app support agreeing that I didn’t receive what I was charged for. So I called apple, and the rep seemed like this was a super easy issue that happens when internet is bad sometimes. Yet I still got denied later when checking the status online.

so why when I made an in-app purchase, but didn’t receive the actual purchase; AND can prove it without a shadow of a doubt, am I being denied? Is it simply because apple is bigger and can do what they want? Because that seems like it. If things that should be so cut and paste are so difficult.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 3, 2024 7:02 PM

3 replies

May 3, 2024 7:52 PM in response to jason_butler

jason_butler wrote:

This is a reading comprehension test, where if you read, you’ll comprehend that I have contacted apple support yet cannot seem to get a reason for the denile despite having irrefutable proof

The point is that no one here has access to your account or can provide any assistance to persuade Apple to review your claim. The only option you have is through the Apple Support channel you have contacted and there is no resolution a user on this forum will be able to provide. We don't have any secret contact numbers or carry on weight in Apple's decision. Call support again if necessary.

Denied refund after appeal despite clear evidence

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.