Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

FCP relinking issue - manual relink each file is OK, but auto search doesn't work

I faced with a strange behaviour. I have the source clips in MXF XDCAM HD422 50i. Then I rewrap them to MOVE, just changed container, copy audio and video codec and other thing the same. I made it with ffmpeg.

Then I wanted to relink old files to new - choose file then press File-Link - select All and press locate all to find folder with rewrapped files. But FCP wrote it can't find match into the folder. Clips had name1.mxf and now it has name1.mov.

Then I select clip in the relink window and press locate - and select my new name 1.mov file. FCP relinked clip without any problem.

My question is how to force FCP relink a huge amount of clips without manual work. Selection each file from hundreds one manually in different projects frustrate me )))

I supposed FCP while relink not using file extension for a match searching.

Posted on May 4, 2024 1:04 AM

5 replies

May 4, 2024 6:34 AM in response to andynick

It's a complicated story )))

I can't use Optimised because of MXF already has Optimised format.

But I need this operation for build complex edit environment to work with FCP and Davinci Resolve at work and at home. I faced with bugs in Davinci when I can't relink mxf sources with mov sources as well. (Davinci has tons of issues, bugs and missed edit options, but it has a lot of cool things too, so I try to force work it ) So the good way for decide this problem would be use MOV sources as unified standard for FCP and Davinci - but I have a lot of projects made with FCP with MXF sources, to can remove one set of sources files , old MXF, I need to relink all projects to MOV rewrapped copy. But FCP doesn't want to relink automatically and I am looking for a way how to decide that problem before I'll begin do it manually.

I didn't understand why if files OK with manual selecting, the auto way doesn't work.

FCP relinking issue - manual relink each file is OK, but auto search doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.