3rd gen Apple TV 4K device won't play programs on certain apps

In the last couple of days, I haven't been able to watch shows on certain apps, e.g. Apple TV+ and Amazon Prime. I'll open the app, choose a program, e.g. Sugar (on Apple TV+) or The Idea of You (on Amazon Prime) and the waiting circle spins and spins and spins...nothing happens, the programs won't play. For some reason, this doesn't happen with Netflix. I've checked and the software is up to date. In addition, I'm no longer able to stream Hulu programs from my iPhone to my TV via Air Play. This is something I've been able to do ever since my Apple TV device stopped supporting Hulu. The timing suggests that these are related issues. Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted on May 4, 2024 9:34 AM

3 replies

May 4, 2024 12:38 PM in response to hcsitas

hcsitas,

That seems to have done the trick; thank you so much. Interestingly, the reconnection to my WiFi didn't 'stick' at first. I would connect via Settings, then go to Apple TV+ and see the message, "Your Apple TV device isn't connected to the network", so I'd go back into Settings and reconnect. Not sure if that means my modem is on the fritz...

Again, thank you!

3rd gen Apple TV 4K device won't play programs on certain apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.